We propose a circular route through Nepal on Royal Enfield, the legendary British motorbikes that have been used in India for years. Motorbikes stand out for their great reliability, strong mechanical and they are easy driving. Motorbikes to ride calmly, at your own pace.
This is an itinerary that will give you a broad view of this country, from its two unavoidable big cities Kathmandu and Pokhara to rural areas, from secondary and binding roads to the highways, which are not much better, from the mountain areas to the jungle of the Chitwan National Park, with very particular lodgings chosen with care.
The route follows roads of different types, but you can imagine that the roads in Nepal are not exactly German motorways. Road surfaces vary, the density and size of potholes vary, and maintenance is poor. Some are very lonely, others, like the one between Kathmandu and Pokhara, are full of trucks and buses. And of course, in monsoon season it adds to the adventure, although there are usually no problems so serious that we are not allowed to continue on our way.
The driving days we have planned are leisurely. We are not going to spend the whole day on the bike, far from our intention, because we want you to visit the country, so there is enough time to rest, wander the streets, or stroll around. In the same way, the places where you are going to spend the night have been carefully chosen and in themselves give meaning to the trip.
In short, this is a unique proposal that all those who love travelling by motorbike and it will be, for sure, an unforgettable memory.
This proposal is one of many possible. Riding a Royal Enfield can be an option for a complete trip and there are many possible routes with different driving demands. But there are also shorter rides, also very exciting, such as the Kali Gandaki track route where we could even ride into the Mustang, or ride through the areas near the Kathmandu Valley, or go further west to get close to Rara Lake, or…
· All transfers by private vehicle
· Transfer to and from the base of the motorcycles for collection and delivery
· 1 Royal Enfield motorcycle per customer during the 11 days / 10 nights of tour with fuel included
· An English-speaking mechanical guide throughout the tour
· An additional mechanic for groups over 8 people
· Lunch every day on route at Royal Enfield according to the program
· Dinner on route days at Royal Enfield according to the program (except in Pokhara, Bhaktapur and Kathmandu)
· 3 nights with breakfast in Kathmandu
· 1 night with breakfast in Nuwakot
· 1 night with breakfast in Bandipur
· 1 night with breakfast in Ghachok
· 1 night with breakfast in Pokhara
· 1 night with breakfast in Tansen
· 1 night with breakfast in Lumbini
· 1 night with breakfast and nature activity in Chitwan
· 1 night with breakfast in Daman
· 1 night with breakfast in Dhulikhel
· 1 night with breakfast in Bhaktapur
· Tickets to: Bhaktapur, Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath, Swayambhunath
· Government tax and VAT
· Salary, food, accommodation and insurance for all staff
· International flight from/to your origin point to/from Nepal
· Entry Nepal VISA
· Lunch & Dinner (except indicated)
· Tips to staff
· Hot and cold drinks, phone calls, internet connection or any other personal expense
· During the trek hot showers, battery charges or any other personal expense
· Medical and/or travel insurance. For most of our treks you must have a mountain accident insurance that works in Nepal until 5500 meters’ altitude and include helicopter rescue.
· In general, any concept not specified in the program, as well as any type of personal assistance to the traveller for matters outside the program of this trip.
Driving time/distance in Nepal are not at all comparable to what we are used to, as average speeds are always considerably slower. For example, it can take between 5 and 6 hours to drive the 200 kilometres from Kathmandu to Pokhara on one of the country’s main roads. In Nepal, you know when you leave but hardly when you arrive, so these times are also quite approximate. We have indicated a range of driving time for each day, but bear in mind that it may be a little less than the shortest time, or a little more than the longer one. Weather conditions can also make the route more difficult. However, there is no need to rush, just enjoy the ride at a relaxed pace.
Royal Enfields are relatively large motorbikes between 350cc and 500cc. Of course, for this trip you need an international driving licence for this type of motorbike and some riding experience.
Remember that in Nepal you drive on the left-hand side!
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHEDULE
Programs may have to be adapted according to the schedules of your flights to Nepal. The itineraries are designed taking into account that the international flight arrives at Kathmandu in the morning or noon. If you arrive to Nepal afternoon or later it would be better to have a margin day before starting your trek, although it is not essential.
DO YOU WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP?
Related to the trek itinerary and Kathmandu and/or Pokhara staying we plan the “minimum days recommended” to have a comfortable and safe trip and trek. But always is a good idea to add some extra day during the trek (for rest or as safety extra day) or in your days in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Like all our tours, the itinerary can be customized and adapted to the taste, needs and preferences of the traveller, especially when it comes to staying in Nepal outside the trek route.
You can opt for the full trip or just hiring the trek and travel on your own in Nepal.
EXPERIENCES TO NEPAL OUTSIDE THE PROGRAM
Whether for free days in Kathmandu or Pokhara, as if you want to add more days to your trip, we offer a number of options and extensions. With them you can add and complete activities and experiences on your trip. Some are already included in some program, but in general we prefer that you choose them on your own, if you are interested in any, depending on your tastes and way of traveling. Ask us for more information if you are interested.