The trip you have in your hands is a special trip, a very personal trip that we have created. We aim that you can experience a significant part of what Nepal can offer, and that you have a broad vision of the reality of this interesting country.
Nepal is a country to look at with eyes and hearts wide open. There are magnificent monuments, but traveling through a country is not just seeing its monuments or landscapes. Travel is about experiencing new things, getting to know new people, and capturing small details that no camera can ever capture.
It is unavoidable that Kathmandu and Pokhara are the most worthy destinations, but we need not forget Patán or Bhaktapur, true gems not only architecturally, but with vibrant populations beyond the tourism they welcome, and where we encourage you to go beyond the setting of a tourist attraction. You will also travel to Lower Mustang in a three-day trek, surrounded by fully Tibetan culture in a really different Nepal in the midst of an impressive landscape. Two more days driving down by local bus along the Kali Gandaki river track. You will walk through the rural area of Bajthala, which is the closest image to the reality of Nepal’s way of life. And, as an option, you can walk through the jungle accompanied by elephants, not on them. This is a really different experience inside Chitwan National Park. In short, a trip with a 360 degree panoramic view.
This program combines the independent traveler mode with complete transportation and lodging services to create a more personal but comfortable trip. The trip has been planned so that you can visit most tourist sites on your own, at your own pace, choosing what you want to see. All the sites are easy to access and many explanations are not necessary other than letting yourself be carried away by the atmosphere of each place. It allows you to explore Nepal at your own pace, discover corners for yourself, decide what to do in each place. In addition, you can also hire guides “in situ” at tourist monuments, or you can even hire a guide from us throughout the entire trip.
On the other hand, you will have a guide for the hiking trails where it would be quite difficult to access on your own. The accommodations are in very different places and range from comfortable “heritage” hotels, mountain “lodges” and even a Buddhist monastery.
As a travel philosophy, we would like everyone to explore, discover and experience with their eyes and all senses wide open. May each trip be unique, and not a copy. Traveling to a different country is facing something in a different environment. Learning and experiencing things we are not used to and deciding internally what we liked… and what we didn’t. Why else do we travel?
This is what you will find on this tour that we have specially designed for you to travel through Nepal’s heart, not only on its surface.
Arrive to Nepal*. Bhaktapur
Bungamati, Khokana, Chobhar, Kirtipur. Karma Lekshey Ling Nunnery
Drive to Dulegauda ~6h. Tibetan refugee camp. Hike to Bajthala ~2h
Hike in Bajthala area. Gurdum Durbar (1262m) ~4h
Hike to Dhor Barahi Mandir ~45′. Drive to Pokhara ~1h
Flight to Jomsom (2745m). Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) ~3h
Trek to Muktinath (3710m) via Jhong ~4h/5h
Trek to Marpha (2650m) via Lupra and Jomsom ~6h
Bus to Tatopani (1245m) ~5h
Bus to Beni ~2h. Drive to Pokhara ~3h
Flight to Kathmandu
* This itinerary is designed with an arrival flight in Nepal in the morning in mind. In case the flight arrived in Kathmandu in the afternoon or evening, the schedule would be adapted.
Flight to Bharatpur. Drive to Amaltari Community ~2h. Chitwan activities
Flight to Kathmandu
FULL TRIP according program
· Welcome on arrival at the airport
· Transportation by private vehicle, except collective bus/jeep in Kali Gandaki
· Flight Pokhara – Jomsom
· Flight Pokhara – Kathmandu
· Guide in the indicated places
· 1 night with breakfast in Bhaktapur
· 1 night with breakfast in Patan
· 1 night with dinner and breakfast in Kirtipur at Karma Lekshey Ling Monastery
· 2 nights full board in Bajthala
· Luggage transportation in Bajthala
· 3 nights with breakfast in Pokhara
· 2 nights with breakfast in Kathmandu
· Lunch in Kirtipur
· Guided hike in Bajthala area
· 3-day trek plus two days by bus/jeep through Lower Mustang with accommodation in lodges and three daily meals during the trek according to the detailed plan, with a mountain guide throughout the trek and 1 porter for every 2 or 3 components. Bus/jeep price included.
· TIMS Trek permit card (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems)
· Entrance to the Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP)
· Entrance fees of: Bhaktapur
· All government taxes and VAT
· Wages, food and accommodation, expenses, and insurance for all staff
· International flight from/to your origin point to/from Nepal
· Entry Nepal VISA
· Lunch & Dinner (except indicated)
· Tips to staff
· Hot and cold drinks, phone calls, internet connection or any other personal expense
· During the trek hot showers, battery charges or any other personal expense
· Medical and/or travel insurance
· In general, any concept not specified in this programme, as well as any need for personal assistance in other matters out of the programme
· No additional costs due to flight cancellations, weather conditions, road closures, etc.
* The indicated price is the price per person in US dollars for a group of 6 travelers as described in the program.
We can customize your trip with no problem.
Contact us to request the dossier with detailed information and the complete price table and ask us any questions you may have.
NOTES ABOUT THIS ITINERARY
In this program you travel freely and make the visits at your leisure. You have a vehicle with a driver, accommodation and guides where necessary. If you would like, we can provide you with a complete guide service.
On the other hand, and highly recommended, you can extend and customize this itinerary. One more day in Kathmandu or Pokhara never hurts, or do one of the optional activities we can offer and that can be very enriching.
If you plan to travel during the monsoon season, from mid-June to early September, visiting Chitwan is not highly recommended.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHEDULE
Programs may have to be adapted according to the schedules of your flights to Nepal. The itineraries are designed taking into account that the international flight arrives at Kathmandu in the morning or noon. If you arrive to Nepal afternoon or later it would be better to have a margin day before starting your trek, although it is not essential.
DO YOU WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP?
Related to the trek itinerary and Kathmandu and/or Pokhara staying we plan the “minimum days recommended” to have a comfortable and safe trip and trek. But always is a good idea to add some extra day during the trek (for rest or as safety extra day) or in your days in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Like all our tours, the itinerary can be customized and adapted to the taste, needs and preferences of the traveller, especially when it comes to staying in Nepal outside the trek route.
You can opt for the full trip or just hiring the trek and travel on your own in Nepal.
EXPERIENCES TO NEPAL OUTSIDE THE PROGRAM
Whether for free days in Kathmandu or Pokhara, as if you want to add more days to your trip, we offer a number of options and extensions. With them you can add and complete activities and experiences on your trip. Some are already included in some program, but in general we prefer that you choose them on your own, if you are interested in any, depending on your tastes and way of traveling. Ask us for more information if you are interested.