The most famous of all Nepal’s treks, but if seeing the highest peak in the world is its great attraction, it is no less so that any Khumbu tour involves walking surrounded by great mountains and an overwhelming landscape. However, we have changed the classic itinerary to make it more interesting and avoid as much as possible to go and back by the same route.
17 days / 16 nights full trip in Nepal (minimum recommended)
14 days’ trek
Medium. With no technical difficulties
Highest altitude 5550m
Highest altitude overnight 5140m
Local mountain guide English speaking
Meals and overnight in lodges during the trek
Accommodation in hotel in Kathmandu
Transfers in private vehicle, shuttle and Lukla flights
The entire Khumbu area is one of the most spectacular in all of Nepal, where you can almost touch the high peaks of the Himalayas, a land where the Sherpas settled centuries ago, where prayer flags swing in the wind in every corner, where one is far from everything and closer to heaven than one can be.
We present you the classic trek to the Everest Base Camp. Classic, yes, but we have introduced some small changes concerning the usual itinerary to get out of the more crowded route, find less crowding in high season and allow for some unusual escapes and a slightly deeper knowledge of the way of life of its inhabitants.
The highlight of the trek is the Kala Patthar at 5550 meters, from which you can see the summit of Everest right in front of you. On a curious note, the Everest base camp is not normally visited during the trek, although it is accessible about six hours’ walk from Gorak Shep, the highest point of the trek.
It goes without saying that we recommend you to vary even more this itinerary if you can do, for example, the Cho-la circuit, or if you want to cross the Kongma-la, enriching even more this classic itinerary.
Arrive to Nepal*. Kathmandu (transfer to Ramechhap)
Flight to Lukla (2800m) ~30′. Trek to Monjo (2835m) ~5h
Trek to Namche (3420m) ~3h
Trek to Thame (3800m) and Khumjung (3780m) ~7h/8h
Trek to Phortse (3820) ~4.30h
Trek to Old Pangboche (3930m) ~3.30h
Trek to Ama Dablam Base Camp (4650m) and back to Old Pangboche ~5h
Trek to Thukla (4620m) ~4.30h
Trek to Gorak Shep (5140m) ~5h. Climb to Kala Patthar (5550m) ~2h+1h
Trek to Everest BC and back to Gorak Shep ~6h
(To Kala Patthar (5550m) ~2h+1h) Trek to Dingboche (4410m) or Pheriche (4240m) ~5h
Trek to Tengboche (3860m) ~3h
Trek to Namche or Jorsale (2740m) ~5h/6h
Trek to Lukla (2800m) ~5h
Flight to Kathmandu or Ramechhap ~30′. Transfer to Kathmandu
* This itinerary is designed with an arrival flight in Nepal in the morning in mind. In case the flight arrived in Kathmandu in the afternoon or evening, the schedule would be adapted.
FULL TRIP according program
PRICE INCLUDES · Welcome on arrival at the airport
· Kathmandu Airport International Terminal Transfers upon arrival and departure by private vehicle
· Transfer by private vehicle to Kathmandu airport or shuttle to Ramechhap airport for Lukla flights
· Accommodation in lodges/tea-houses and three meals a day during the trek according the itinerary description
· Local English-speaking Mountain Guide during the trek
· 1 guide assistant for groups over 8 pax
· 1 porter each 2 clients
· TIMS Trek permit card (Trekkers’ Information Management Systems)
· Sagarmatha National Park entrance fee
· Pasang Lhamu Permit
· All government taxes and VAT
· Wages, food and accommodation, expenses, and insurance for all staff
PRICE EXCLUDES · International flight from/to your origin point to/from Nepal
· Entry Nepal VISA (check information)
· Tips to staff
· Any service out of the trek
· Hot and cold drinks, phone calls, internet connection or any other personal expense
· Hot showers, battery charges or any other personal expense
· Medical and/or travel insurance. For most of our treks you must have a mountain accident insurance that works in Nepal until 5500 meters’ altitude and include helicopter rescue.
· In general, any concept not specified in this programme, as well as any need for personal assistance in other matters out of the programme
· No additional costs due to flight cancellations, weather conditions, road closures, etc.
* The indicated price is the price per person in US dollars for a group of 6 travelers in full format as described in the program. If you prefer, you can contract only the trek, from the pick-up at your accommodation to the return. Without services outside the trek. We can customize your trip with no problem. Contact us to request the dossier with detailed information and the complete price table and ask us any questions you may have.
Flights to Lukla now operate from Kathmandu (normally low season) or Ramechhap (high season). Ramechhap airport is 4/5 hours from Kathmandu and you must take a shuttle that leaves at 1:00 in the morning from Thamel. Then all that remains is to rest and hang out, even if it is in the hotel lobby, until the shuttle leaves.
The Everest Base Camp Trek may be saturated in the month of October that still remains as the best season. This means that the lodges can be quite crowded, the roads can be full of people up and down, and everyone can be much busier, which also means a little more stressed out. With this in mind, we recommend that you avoid October as much as possible. November is still a very good month to come, and spring, from March to May, is also usually a very good time, both options much less crowded than in October.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHEDULE
Programs may have to be adapted according to the schedules of your flights to Nepal. The itineraries are designed taking into account that the international flight arrives at Kathmandu in the morning or noon. If you arrive to Nepal afternoon or later it would be better to have a margin day before starting your trek, although it is not essential.
DO YOU WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP?
Related to the trek itinerary and Kathmandu and/or Pokhara staying we plan the “minimum days recommended” to have a comfortable and safe trip and trek. But always is a good idea to add some extra day during the trek (for rest or as safety extra day) or in your days in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Like all our tours, the itinerary can be customized and adapted to the taste, needs and preferences of the traveller, especially when it comes to staying in Nepal outside the trek route.
You can opt for the full trip or just hiring the trek and travel on your own in Nepal.
EXPERIENCES TO NEPAL OUTSIDE THE PROGRAM
Whether for free days in Kathmandu or Pokhara, as if you want to add more days to your trip, we offer a number of options and extensions. With them you can add and complete activities and experiences on your trip. Some are already included in some program, but in general we prefer that you choose them on your own, if you are interested in any, depending on your tastes and way of traveling. Ask us for more information if you are interested.
WE ENJOY TALKING WITH YOU
Contact us to obtain the complete dossier of this itinerary, inquiry for all the information you need and ask us any questions you may have.