Nepal is mostly a rural country, full of terraced crops in a mountainous environment with scattered small farms and ancient villages. The cycling tour we propose in this plan takes you through this type of landscape to the north and east of the Kathmandu Valley on a route in which we ride almost in its entirety. Its richness is not only scenic but above all human and cultural.
The average distance covered by mountain bike is around 40 kilometres per day, which can be done at any pace. There is no rush or urgency. The itinerary ends with an exciting tour of the city of Kathmandu as one of the best ways to capture the pulse of this chaotic city while visiting its highlights.
This route is demanding, with long days of cycling over rough terrain, whether on the road, track or even paved roads where holes and cracks are everywhere. It requires experience, good technique and skill on all types of terrain as well as a certain amount of physical fitness. The support vehicle does not follow our route in most of the stages.
· All transfers in private vehicle
· Guide on arrival
· 3 nights with breakfast in Kathmandu
· 8 days / 7 nights mountain biking programme in the Kathmandu Valley according to the described programme
· Accommodation in lodge/hotel in double room with three meals per day according to the detailed programme
· Support jeep for luggage transfer
· English-speaking local guide (assistant guide from 10 components upwards)
· Mountain bike, with front suspension and aluminium frame
· Entrance fee to Shivapuri National Park
· Entrance fee to Bhaktapur
· All government taxes and VAT
· Wages, food and accommodation, expenses, and insurance for all staff
· International flight from/to your origin point to/from Nepal
· Entry Nepal VISA
· Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu (except indicated)
· Tips to staff
· Hot and cold drinks, phone calls, internet connection or any other personal expense
· Medical and/or travel insurance. It is advisable to have an adventure sports insurance.
· In general, any concept not specified in this programme, as well as any need for personal assistance in other matters out of the programme
· No additional costs due to flight cancellations, weather conditions, road closures, etc.
As this programme can be variable and involves third parties, please ask us for a quotation and we will send you an updated one.
To give you an idea, the approximate cost of this programme can be about $2000 per person for a group of 4 components with support jeep.
This itinerary is very adaptable, as it can be started and finished almost anywhere along the route, so its duration can be easily adapted to your needs.
Although it is not a particularly technical route, bear in mind that the programme as it is laid out here takes 8 days of riding, so you need to be in good physical shape.
The possibilities for MTB routes in Nepal are quite extensive and we cannot list them all here. We have published two itineraries as examples, but by bike, you can do anything from “simple” routes to the busy city of Kathmandu, to cycling from Kathmandu to Pokhara … or you can even do the Annapurna Circuit by mountain bike.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHT SCHEDULE
Programs may have to be adapted according to the schedules of your flights to Nepal. The itineraries are designed taking into account that the international flight arrives at Kathmandu in the morning or noon. If you arrive to Nepal afternoon or later it would be better to have a margin day before starting your trek, although it is not essential.
DO YOU WANT TO CUSTOMIZE YOUR TRIP?
Related to the trek itinerary and Kathmandu and/or Pokhara staying we plan the “minimum days recommended” to have a comfortable and safe trip and trek. But always is a good idea to add some extra day during the trek (for rest or as safety extra day) or in your days in Kathmandu or Pokhara.
Like all our tours, the itinerary can be customized and adapted to the taste, needs and preferences of the traveller, especially when it comes to staying in Nepal outside the trek route.
You can opt for the full trip or just hiring the trek and travel on your own in Nepal.
EXPERIENCES TO NEPAL OUTSIDE THE PROGRAM
Whether for free days in Kathmandu or Pokhara, as if you want to add more days to your trip, we offer a number of options and extensions. With them you can add and complete activities and experiences on your trip. Some are already included in some program, but in general we prefer that you choose them on your own, if you are interested in any, depending on your tastes and way of traveling. Ask us for more information if you are interested.